Friday, July 13, 2012

Painting a Table of Sunflowers

Painting a Table of Sunflowers

One of the things I do on a regular basis, is volunteer in the Hunter Park Garden House (green house) here in Lansing, Michigan.

There are 3 of these long tables that are used for a variety of tasks.  Two of them were painted a couple of years ago, but this one was still black.

One day this past December, another volunteer, the shift manager, and I were talking about this table, and I stated that I was interested in painting it.  The other volunteer then offered to buy a Michaels gift card so that I could buy paint and supplies.

The table with white background

Practice flowers in my sketch book

I outlined the flowers with pencil

The table in progress

Working on the blue "sky" background

My first attempt at doing the "seeds" of the sunflowers


I changes to doing "dots" of paint


Signing my work

The finished table
When I was satisfied with the table, I finished it off with a few coats of clear polyurethane.



No comments:

Post a Comment